Update: here’s the mix: You Made This.
Thanks everyone who voted for their favourite 10 from this list of 500-ish tracks that have appeared in previous Mixless mixes over the last four years.
Here are the numbers that matter and the tracks that will make the mix.
- 191 tracks got at least 1 vote
- 98 of those got 2 or more votes
- 49 of those got 3 or more votes
- 27 of those got 4 or more votes
- 15 of those got 5 or more votes
The mix was going to be the top 20 tracks, but as 15 isn’t quite enough and it’ll get messy trying to whittle down the 27, I’m going to go with all 27… and will throw in one of my own favourites that was cruelly overlooked by all but two of you.
So, in joint 27th place with 4 votes each we have:
- A Certain Ratio – Shack Up
- Björk – Hyperballad (The Hyperballad Fluke Mix)
- Dinosaur Jr – Just Like Heaven
- Eric B. & Rakim – I Know You Got Soul
- Low – Breaker
- Martha Reeves & The Vandellas – Dancing In The Street
- Orange Juice – Felicity
- Sam Cooke – A Change Is Gonna Come
- The Chameleons – In Shreds
- The Cure – Jumping Someone Else’s Train
- The Mekons – Where Were You?
- White Denim – I Start To Run
In joint 15th place with 5 votes each we have:
- Beck – The New Pollution
- Burial – Archangel
- Cocteau Twins – Love’s Easy Tears
- Dawn Penn – You Don’t Love Me (No, No, No)
- Echo & The Bunnymen – Nothing Lasts Forever
- New Order – Everything’s Gone Green
- New Order – Thieves Like Us
- New Order – Temptation
- Siouxsie & The Banshees – Happy House
- The Cure – All Cats Are Grey
- Young MC – Know How
In joint 4th place with 6 votes each we have:
- Aaron Neville – Hercules
- Boards Of Canada – Dayvan Cowboy
- The Jesus & Mary Chain – Just Like Honey
And in 1st place with 12 votes, twice as many as its nearest rivals, it’s:
- A Guy Called Gerald – Voodoo Ray
Thanks again for taking part, sorry if your choices didn’t make the final mix, but I think I might make another mix with a bunch of tracks that got just one vote.